Friday 6 April 2007

I couldn't help myself...

...I know, I said that it was time to stop stashing and time to start knitting. In fact a colleague has told me to stop buying wool and instead, buy clothes for myself for a month or two - it seems that she has noticed my limited office wardrobe rotation!

But how could I not rescue these two skeins of laceweight cashmere from Posh Yarns, in the exact yardage needed for the Knitting Nature scarf that I want to knit?!

I know, the pattern calls for a more woodlands- landscape colourway and this yarn (titled Buttons) is as close to nature as a bright red Royal Mail postbox. But...I live in a city, sometimes that just needs to be celebrated!

I have in my grasp, the Royal Mail 'Sorry you were out' note which tells me that I missed a 'pink coloured plastic bag'. Today is Good Friday, so no chance that their office will be open but tomorrow, I'll be there, top of the queue, to collect them and then retire to a good coffeeshop to open the bag...

...just how exciting is the prospect of lovely new wool...yarn...fibre...or whatever you want to call it!

No comments: