Wednesday 24 August 2011

A Sad Event

On Monday, the world lost one of its very talented human beings - John Howard Davies.

To the outside world, he was a child actor, comedy producer and director. In my world, he happened to be a friend and one of my most favourite people. I feel very lucky to have known him.
I knew him through my sport (where it never really seems to matter what people do in the outside world). We competed for the same team. He was a skilled competitor, a great team member and an excellent coach. He was endlessly kind, incredibly bright, extremely funny, full of stories and a lot of fun. To boot, he was charming and a real gentleman (with just the right hint of scoundrel about him).

His passing leaves a massive gap and I will miss him enormously. My heart goes out to his wife Linda, his children as well as the rest of his family and his friends.

Links

BBC news report

Short BBC video round up of JHD's work

Mirror news report (includes two video clips)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Losing a friend is always a great shock and he sounds like a delight.