Tuesday 24 April 2007

Just as if...

...I don't have enough to do, I have joined a Knit Along! I know: mad.

Y'see, the thing is, despite a general lack of progress on most fronts - life, work, knitting, you name it - the one single individual item that I am making almost brainless, stocking stitch progress on, is my Rowan Calmer, Knitting Nature Phyllo Yoked Jumper.

At the moment it is just piles of stocking stitch hanging around on needles that I am quietly adding to with each commute to and from work.

However, I do have the feeling that I am going to hit a technique brick wall very soon. Hence the Knit Along - I may need help from those who have trodden this path before me.

There are errata sheets for the Knitting Nature Book. However, being the kind of woman I am, I have done the research, downloaded the errata sheets....but not looked at them.
Yes, quietly and diligently knitting fullsteam towards an iceburg that others have encountered, while ignoring the wreckage in the water. That concern aside, I am with Loubie-loops on the Knitting Nature book front - I really like it.

It's one of the first collections that I have come across with a central, thought out theme and a backbone of principles behind the patterns. It feels like it has been approached using a designer-maker methodology that I semi-recognise. I like the way that some of the garments are constructed - it makes a refreshing change to flick through the patterns and find a challenge to the standard T-shaped top diagram. Plus I like the way that it encourages the idea of exploring the theme for yourself. I think that is enough likes for one evening!

No other progress to report - I need to confess that Real Life is interferring with Blogging, Emailing and Knitting. How dare it?!

No comments: