Tuesday 10 July 2007

Startling Silence!

I did not intend to be this quiet...a knitting update is imminent.

Knitting is in progress and as I want to 'show and tell', I have a confession I need to make. It centres on a project that has generated a lot of internal debate around the following yarns (I hope that Dee and Knitwitches do not mind me filching a few images to show you):

Posh Yarn: Eva 4 ply cashmere and silk that Dee custom dyed for my project. It is the most intimidatingly beautiful yarn I have ever seen in my life. I have 4 skeins (800 yards?) which look very blue when photographed with my camera.


In real life, the colours are closer to the photo on the right (Iridescence). I have no idea whether the yarn on the right is the same dye batch as mine, but it looks to be very close. Truly, if you get an opportunity to pick up some of this colourway if Dee repeats it...

...don't hesitate: it is absolutely stunning. Really and truly, honestly.










Posh Yarn, two ply cashmere in Buttons (Left) and Oh La La (Right). I bought the 2 skeins of Buttons (800 yards) earlier this year and 4 skeins of Oh La La are winging their way to me as I type (1600 yards). It is a warmer, more tomato looking colourway and I have my fingers firmly crossed that it will not be too orangey on arrival! Buttons is a lot more muted in its appearance when ball wound and knitted up - it's really lovely and subtly variagated.

Knit Witches Yarns heavy laceweight cashmere in Cherries. Seriously seriously considered but not purchased.

Although I like the colour (it looks quite close to my original Buttons purchase), I know exactly what Dee's cashmere is like (I've bought cashmere from other places in the past and it has been nowhere near as nice) and I have bought yarn from Dee before (I have a deadline, so I was not certain about taking a risk on a new vendor).

Has anyone else bought from Knitwitches and can you let me know what their yarn and quality of service is like?

Okay, I have a few days off work coming up, so will I sort everything out and explain what I am up to...

...I promise!

No comments: