Saturday 13 October 2007

A bit like Christmas come early...!

I will post about the Knit and Stitch Show at Alexandra Palace properly after the end of this weekend - in the meantime, the picture left shows Thursday's haul:

- 2 skeins of Fyberspates Wool-Silk in Moss (considered gift buy)

- 3 skeins of KnitWitches Laceweight 4 Ply Silk (what it says on the label) in Bright Raspberry (impulse buy).

Other than that, I was strict on the yarn front as I have an overflowing stash and another acquisition opportunity at the end of the month. Oh yes.

- replacement KnowKnits pouch

- 4mm extremely posh and lovely wooden crochet hook so that I can teach myself to crochet something basic

- my first EZ book so that I can viral knit a BSJ in 2008 (and in the process discover why EZ has such an ardent, devoted following)

- Subscription to Knit.1 - it had to be done after the amusement and discussion generated by the current issue, in terms of its styling and patterns. To summarise with a simple example: just picture any of the Back to the Future accessories on a real life person...like The Tron Guy for example?! (No disrespect intended here at all - it is just where the fashion styling / film costume worlds collide with us mere mortals of more usual proportions. Like me.)

Today has felt a bit like Christmas, looking over my presents, piling them up to photograph to show you. That said, while K&S 2007 only happens once a year in London, it is not quite over for me as I am taking my mother to the show later today.

Thursday was mainly about spending a day with Mel, shopping, greeting friends and seeing what was new and today I am hoping to spend a bit of time looking around the exhibition spaces, as that is what will interest my mother (I think).

I did learn one thing from Thursday's trip - the catering at AP is not the best in the world. So today, I bought a picnic - just on the basis that it cannot be good for your soul to eat unpleasant food when surrounded by mountains of creativity and beautiful things?!

No comments: