Tuesday 16 September 2008

Amid the packing madness...

...there is one constant that is providing me with a singular sense of relief:


XL804890

Albeit that on some commutes in recent weeks, my tired fingers seem unable to achieve much more than 3 rows of 183 stitches in 35 minutes.

Don't ask. Even last night, during the very small amount of sleep that I managed to achieve (head is buzzing with things I need to do for my move)...

...I (my stash?) was being stalked by slow moving, variagated carpet beetles the size of large armadillos - where on earth does the brain drag this stuff out from?!

Well in terms of a knit, it isn't much to look right now but I am quietly hopeful. It's worked in one piece. I am all the way across its back, I have done both fronts and I am about to proceed down the second sleeve . I am even encouraged that there looks to be enough yarn left for me to complete it comfortably. Famous last words!

XL804888

Albeit that I cannot imagine what the tension will be like. I am worried that it will have started out fairly relaxed and that it will get tighter, tighter and tighter as I have become more stressed by my impending move?!

Well, that will make the seaming interesting. I also think that I will need to investigate some sort of stablising measure at its edges to stop it curling. So, what's the best, invisible method to achieve this? I was thinking a stablising crochet chain on the reverse edge of the knit?

Okay. Time to do more paperwork sorting, then take a Nytol and do my utmost to get a full, uninterrupted night's sleep. Please, please, please.

I need to tell you, I feel a lot of sympathy for insomniacs, right now . After a week of very little sleep, finding myself awake, putting on laundry and wandering around the house like a dispossessed soul at 3am because I am a member of the Wide Awake Club, is no fun at all.

Just how do people manage to cope with their daily lives without regular sleep over prolonged periods of time?

No comments: