Friday 15 June 2007

Ravelry, Winder and Swift

Ravelry: my invitation has arrived - I am delighted but clearly rocking on my heels from the sad events of this week. I will endeavour to sort out my account and investigate it properly at the start of next week.

Winder and Swift: both arrived safely. Photos to follow. I sought refuge at Mel's house yesterday afternoon and we test wound a few skeins with some success. I did take my eye off my first ball which resulted in it getting caught up around the bottom of the ball winder and putting a snap a skein of hand dyed 4ply cashmere - I guess that taught me a valuable lesson: don't practice winding with expensive cashmere?! My general opinion is that they were a worthwhile investment - I suspect that I will soon wonder how I ever coped without them.

Have a good weekend everyone - I plan to spend mine with my family, friends, some therapeutic knitting and hopefully sew up the baby ballerina wrap.

No comments: