Thursday 7 June 2007

Tagged Again!

With thanks to Roobeedoo!

4 jobs I have had in my life:
  • Co. 1: Office job 1 (summer job to kill off student debts)
  • Co. 1: Office job 2 (4 years, flying by the seat of my pants)
  • Co. 2: Office job 3 (10 years, gaining seniority quietly)
  • Co. 3: Office job 4 (9 months, gathering moss)

What? I should be more specific?! Actually, I thought long and hard about what to share and when I reflected on my professional life, it was clear that I have not done any particularly unusual jobs. This made me feel quite uninteresting - an ordinary Josephine.

So I thought about my life in general and realised that (despite the amount of time I spend at work) my friends, my interests and social life are all based on the things that I enjoy and do outside the office! Surely that is not such a bad a place to be?

4 films I can watch again and again:

  • Sliding Doors
  • Simply Ballroom
  • Bed of Roses
  • Leon

I am not sure how committed I am to this list - I am not sure that it really represents my film tastes at all! These are just the titles that jumped out at me when I opened a cupboard - you see, the problem is that once I’ve seen a film (even if I loved it) I rarely want to see it again.


4 places I have lived:

  • England
  • Scotland
  • Wales
  • Italy

My parents moved house almost as regularly as other people’s families went on package tour holidays (itchy feet - following their ideals and their hearts, rather than their jobs) so I moved about quite a bit when I was growing up - usually from one end of the country to the other, both urban and rural. Off the top of my head, I think that I lived in 11 different houses before I left home. Italy is the odd location out - I spent a year studying in Italy when I was 17.


4 TV series I watch:
  • Heroes
  • CSI Las Vegas
  • CSI Miami
  • Life on Mars

Look at that list: complete Candy Floss TV consumption! Nothing highbrow in that little lot! Actually, I only watch one hour of TV a week at the moment: Heroes. I am on a diet and it seems to me that every other advert is a food advert - it’s torture! I’d rather knit and listen to music or an audio book (very pleased to read that I am not alone - Dee does the same)!


4 places I have been on holiday:

  • England
  • Wales
  • France
  • Italy

You are unlikely to stumble across me on a beach, unless I am exploring rockpools and looking for fossils! I am no good at 'veg on beach with a book' holidays as I get restless, easily burnt and my brain cannot cope with the idea of lying about somewhere, doing nothing - or doing things that I could do on a wet weekend at home! No, I want to be off exploring and investigating. So - if someone tells you that I have gone abroad on holiday - look for me in the ruins, art galleries or even better, in the mountains - skiing. I'm not good at it, I do not get to go every year but I absolutely love it!


4 things I do every time I am on the Net:

  • Check email
  • Read favourite blogs (Please update regularly - my lunchtimes are dull!)
  • Google or Ask for inspiration, patterns and information on techniques
  • Resist stash, tools and accessories enhancement
Isn't this what we all do?! Mind you, I sucumbed to temptation this evening - I have given in to the allure of a cheap swift and a standard ball winder - just on the basis that if the worst comes to the worst and my purchases are a mistake - I can eBay them!

4 things I would NOT eat for anything in the world:

  • Any fauna still alive, moving or generally, unacceptably raw
  • [Insert collective noun for offal and sweetbreads] I'm not eating anything's brains, innards or nads. Sorry.
  • [Insert collective noun for sweet things that are spread on bread] e.g. jam (jelly), marmalade or lemon curd *dry heave*
  • Any non-food stuffs
Any argument with any of that?!

4 places I would love to be right now:
Everything I wrote was unutterably naff - so I am going to spare you 'the wince'!

4 people I tag, if they have not been tagged already:

However, if you would like to join in - please leave a comment and go right ahead!

1 comment:

Tina - omme i London said...

Right madam - all done. I see you like fossils. Have a look at my "local", as in: local to my parents, museum: http://www.furmuseum.dk/Tysk&engelsk.htm

I haven't checked the quality of the translations, but I'm sure the pictures will tell you all you want to know. Alternatively; ask!