Sunday 3 May 2009

Mystery of the Missing Knitter & an Unattended WIP!

20090502_0000 01

Unattended WIP, as spotted in a Vancouver alleyway, behind some shops at 14th & Granville.

I am stumped. I cannot think of a single crafter I know who would be separated willingly from their WIP. So is this a case of:

- Accidental loss? In which case, if you recognise this WIP and know the knitter, please can you get them to hurry on down to 14th and Granville as it might still be sitting there! The Fella would not let me bring it home in case its owner attempted to retrace their steps in order to find it - I sort of suspect that his relectance for me to remove it had more to do with the fact that it looked like it had been run over several times?!

- Foul Play? In which case, should I call the police to report a missing knitter?!

- WIP Cruelty and Abandonment? In which case, should I phone the World Society for the Protection of Knitting, then see if it is possible to track down the missing knitter in order to have them banned from the ownership of a WIP for the next 5 years?!

Oh what to do, what to do...?!

1 comment:

yarnpiggy said...

That is truly bizarre. Normally I'd be thinking foul play...but that is and awful lot of garter stitch...maybe s/he just couldn't take it anymore, and was too lazy to frog?