Tuesday 24 February 2009

A Change of Tactics....

...today I went for my second dress fitting and pick up. I could not help but notice something that has prompted me to change tactics a little on my choice of underwear on Sunday. Voila! My latest underwear acquisition:

DSC_0326

Not exactly the sexy underwear I had envisaged for my wedding day. But hey, needs must. I just hope that our wedding venue is not too hot else, squashed into this and my polyester bridal gown? I might melt without the assistance of a lit match!

Ok. Now promise me: please don't tell the Fella. I am hoping that he never has to find out what lies beneath my dress. (Now that we live together, I detect no evidence that he still reads my blog.) I will simply create some kind of diversion and battle the damned thing off when he isn't looking!

Failing that? I am hoping that we can have a good laugh and then deploy it as a catapault to propel empty bottles of prosecco, cava or champagne across our bedroom?!

(I sooooo never want to go through this again. I am going back to the gym before I have to wheel my wedding outfit back out for our blessing in July.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reminded of Bridget Jones Diary. . .

Dotty said...

At least your dress allows you to wear something like that. Mine had an open back with criss cross straps. Someone made a mistake and my dress showed up one size smaller than it was supposed to be. So 6 weeks before the wedding, I'm stuck with a smaller dress and looking for something that would squeeze me into my wedding dress and not show on the outside. Ack!

Team Knit said...

haha, what does the trick, right? :P You'll be gorgeous, and there will be so much going on you'll somehow forget you're wearing it. I agree with Kelli- very Bridget Jones!!

- Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey hey big girls knickers. You can always add two bits of ribbon in the future and turn them into a leotard! Actually they do wonders for holding everything in and I am sure you are going to look stunning on Sunday! xx

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love that you posted a picture of this! Talk about realism!