Thursday, 30 August 2007

Baby Ballerina Top - Ready to Post!

What to say? It is finished. I just need to create an O.R.K. care label, print off all blog posts, package and post to its gift recipient.

I started working this top back in May. I finished it in early June (I think) but somehow, I got daunted by the job of sewing it together.

So it sat. And sat. And sat. I finally started to sew it up on the 7th August, during a train journey back from a business meeting in Sheffield. Two hours and I managed to set in 1.5 sleeves.

It got put aside again.

Until I realised that the gift recipient was about to hit the target age for the top!
So the final push has been this week.

Two round commutes sorted the rest of the sewing up, plus its buttons.

I just really hope that it fits and that the gift recipient's mother likes it!

The summary of photos for this top can be found in my Flickr photostream, Finished Objects set.

Phew. Onwards to the next item.

Have a good weekend all - I won't be knitting. I will be running a Championship and competing.

1 comment:

Robynn said...

It looks fab - what a gorgeous little button! Good luck in the competition; I'll see you at the end of September I guess.