Friday 11 January 2008

I am here...honest!

I am just snowed under with Other Things.

An update on my winter break (and its risible knitting efforts) will be with you very soon.

However, tomorrow morning I am picking up three other knitters and we are heading West to Get Knitted in Bristol for the day.

I hope that GK know what they are letting themselves in for? As, from the Ravelry discussion threads I have read, it seems that a lot of people plan to pitch up on their doorstep tomorrow morning from as far afield (in relation to Bristol) as Coventry, Cornwall and London?

Why? An opportunity to fondle yarn, do a bit of knitting/shopping and meet other Ravellers.

Oh and lest I forget...it is rumoured that there might be cake.

Knitters, it seems, will travel miles for yarn, cake, a bit of knitting and a lot of chatting?

In our case, over 110 miles. I will take my camera as I get the impression that it could be a bit of a bun fight for standing space, let alone sitting space?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HURRAH! Even though I am quite horribly hungover I am very much looking forward to waking up at 6 tomorrow morning for the privilege of being driven out to GK with you. It's going to be great!

Anonymous said...

Missed you! Post more often.