Monday 3 September 2007

I was at the top...

...of a famous London Landmark today!

It is a building that has been a very familiar (albeit ugly) part of London's skyline my whole life - it is a building that I have grown up hearing stories about, that used to have a revolving restaurant at the top of the building with amazing views over the whole of central London.



The building is not open to the public any more and its restaurant is closed. However, the company that owns the building, occasionally use it for corporate events. So today, I was lucky enough to be invited to enjoy some corporate hospitality with superb views across London - truly stunning.

They even switched on the revolving mechanism - I was practically jumping up and down on the spot with excitement (much to the amusement of my more reserved colleagues)!


Okay, naturally enough, I left my camera at home but a colleague let me take some photos using his. Left are some cameraphone efforts but as soon as I get some real McCoys, I will post them on Flickr for you (if they come out okay): views across my city that are very rarely enjoyed by Londoners themselves!

You know, I never thought I would ever get the opportunity to do this - so I am just home from work and I am a very happy person.

No comments: